New Year Goals – Reflection and Moving Forward
WOW can you believe another year has passed? Did you accomplish your goals? Well a New Year means you can set New Year goals. However I believe it is important you first reflect back on last year in order to move forward this year.
See if you want to fulfill your dreams and attract positive things into your life you first have to reflect and assess what you did in the past that worked or didn’t work in order to know where you are going, wouldn’t you agree?
For me I had to do some reflecting back on 2016 and I realized I had some mindset stuff to work on in the coming year. I realized how much I actually have learned over the past year to move my business forward. My biggest take away from the past year was that you have to remove “money” out of the equation. If you continually focus on “money” money will never come to you. Read my blog post “5 Critical Things You MUST Address to Change Your Mindset to Make Money” were I break down the thought process behind money.
New Year Goals- Why Just Writing Them Down Isn’t Enough
So we have heard numerous times “You have to write your goals down.” Well that is all fine and dandy, however if you can’t see yourself obtaining your new year goals then they’re just a bunch of words on a piece of paper that eventually is going to be pushed to the side or lost on your desk somewhere. Am I right, or am I right?!
So let’s do some vision setting instead! I do suggest you write your answers down to these questions, but keep them somewhere you can refer back to them occasionally. Don’t let them get lost in the sea of papers on your desk. Maybe tack them to a board or put them in a notebook you use occasionally. That is where mine are.
As Proverbs 29:18 says, “Where there is no vision the people will parish.”
New Year Goals-Assessment of 2016
First you need to assess where you have been before you can set new year goals.
Did you accomplish everything you wanted to in 2016?
Let’s start with a list of questions to ask yourself to assess where you were in 2016.
- Looking back on 2016 explain where you were and where you are now. This can be physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally.
- What were your biggest wins? What was your biggest accomplishment(s) in 2016.
- How specifically have you grown? Did you learn it was okay to have failures or perhaps you realized it was okay that not everyone agreed with you?
- What did you learn? Perhaps you learned to let go of the little things that don’t matter or maybe you learned to bend a little more in your way of thinking?
- What have you achieved? Did you meet your goals? Did you rank advance? Did you get that promotion?
- What was your biggest shift? Maybe you learned it’s okay for things not go as planned?
New Year Goals-Projection for 2017
This is the fun part. This is where you get to dream and see yourself moving forward in terms of your life, your career, your business, and your relationships you want in 2017. This is the chance to have it YOUR way, but you must have a vision.
Remember: Inspiration + Motivation = Manifestation
- How much do you want to earn this year? Be a little unrealistic with this goal. It’s okay to dream and it may just come to fruition.
- What do you want your relationships to be like? Think about how would like your relationships to be with your significant other, friends, family members, team mates, customers.
- How do you want to grow spiritually? Everyone has a different definition on spirituality, so whatever it means to you is how will answer this question. Maybe it’s going to church more often, or signing up for a yoga class, or meditating.
- What does your career/business look like in 2017? Did you get that promotion? Did you rank advance? Did you bring more team members or customers into your business?
- How do you see your health? Did you lose that weight? Is your health on track? Are you working out more?
- What is your contribution to the world? Are you volunteering? Are you making monetary contributions to your favorite charity? Have you changed someones life with your opportunity?
The objective with your predictions is to visualize and “see” yourself as if they have already come to pass. Ray Higdon has a great 6 Week Course- The Power Mind if you’d like to learn more about how your thoughts affect your reality. Disclaimer: This is an affiliate link and I may make money.
Okay, so now that you have written down your predictions you need to take action to achieve them, right? Well write down 3 actions you can take to achieve your predictions. Maybe it’s committing to a certain number of blog posts a week, one live video or video in general a day, and maybe it’s to make 10 new friends a day. Whatever it is for you to achieve your goals, could be totally different but make sure you have 3 actions.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook.
Your Entrepreneur Friend,